Career Development & Recruiting
We have provided these resources that offer a range of subjects including connecting with employers, preparing for interviews, and understanding organizational culture. Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is a term used to describe programs and policies that encourages representation and participation of diverse groupsof people, including people of different genders, races and ethnicities, abilities and disabilities, religions, cultures, ages, andsexual orientations and people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skills and expertise.
- www.southcarolinadiversity.com - An online network for South Carolina jobs and careers - connecting the most progressive companies with the most qualified diverse work force.
- Human Rights Campaign Resources - A national source of information on workplace policies and laws surrounding sexual orientation and gender identity. Job seekers can use HRC WorkNet to do research on prospective employers by name, policy type, geographic region, or industry.
- Out and Equal - Out and Equal is the premier organization working exclusively on LGBTQ+ workplace equality.
- StartOut - StartOut connects and educates LGBTQ entrepreneurs to empower great leaders and businesses. Our goal is to create jobs and prosperity for LGBTQ individuals and for the local communities in which they do business, and to be recognized and respected for our contributions.
- Pride At Work - Pride At Work is a nonprofit organization that represents LGBTQ union members and their allies. We are an officially recognized constituency group of the AFL-CIO (American Federation of Labor and Congress ofIndustrial Organizations) that organizes mutual support between the organized Labor Movement and the LGBTQ Community to further social and economic justice.
- Women for Hire - Founded in 1999 as the first and only company devoted to a comprehensive array of recruitment services for women,Women For Hire offers online career fairs, inspiring speeches and seminars, and customized marketing programs. Our website, womenforhire.com, offers a wide variety of career-related information and videos geared to working women, and an online job board that helps leading employers connect with top-notch professional women in all fields.
- Feminist MaJority Foundation - Career Center - The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF), which was founded in 1987, is a cutting edge organization dedicated to women’s equality, reproductive health, and non-violence. In all spheres, FMF utilizes research and action to empower women economically, socially, and politically. Our organization believes that feminists of all genders are the majority, but thismajority must be empowered.
- Women in Higher Education - This website provides women on campus with practical ideas and insights to be more effective in their careers and lives. The goal is to enlighten, encourage, empower, and enrage women on campus as well as to win the acceptance of women in higher education and our larger culture.
- Women Employed Institute - This resource serves as an information exchange and action network for women.
- IMDiversity - Dedicated to providing career and self-development information to all multicultural identities (African American, Asian American, LatinX, Native American, etc.) Provides you with access to the largest database of equal opportunity employers committed to workplace diversity.
- Corporate Minority - Professional career resource site dedicated to providing minority groups the essential resources needed to begin and advance their professional careers.
- Jopwell - The leading career advancement platform for Black, LatinX, and Native American students and professionals.
- Minority Professional Network Career Resources - Career Development and enhancement resource for minorities including job postings, resume development, and career events.
- National Urban League - The National Urban League works to provide economic empowerment, educational opportunities and the guarantee of civil rights for the underserved in America.
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement (HACE) - Dedicated to the employment, development, and advancement of current and aspiringLatino professionals.
- DiversityInc - Feature career advice, job listings, and information about diverse companies