Career Development & Recruiting
- Affirmative Action Register - Positions, both of an academic and non-academic nature, with colleges and universities from across the country. Directed to females, minorities, veterans, and disabled persons, as well as all employment candidates.
- The BLACK COLLEGIAN Online Career and self-development magazine for African-American students.
- The Blackworld Career Center - Provides employment resources for professionals and entrepreneurs for African Americans and members of other ethnic groups. Published jointly by Blackworld and CareerMosaic.
- The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management - a consortium that awards 200 full fellowships annually to students of color seeking advancement in the business field. This year the Consortium will offer 400 full fellowships to students who qualify for study at one of the member schools.
- Diversity Inc. Career Center - Web site, featuring career advice and job listings, from the publishers of Diversity Inc.
- Equal Opportunity Publications, Inc. - Links to employers, free resume postings, and sample magazine articles. (Come by the Career Center to pick up your free copy of Minority Engineer.)
- Hispanicad.com Hispanic Market's leading advertising and media news and information site in the USA, Latin America and the Caribbean since launching on February 1, 1999.
- Hispanic Business Magazine Reports the development of the U.S. Hispanic Community
- Hirediversity.com Careers, jobs and employment resources for Hispanics, African-Americans, Asians and other Minorities.
The leading source for Hispanic professionals.
Job search, latest jobs, post resumes, employer profiles.
A portal for all minorities, providing information on employment, career and self-development information.
- Immigration and Naturalization Service - Learn about what's new, and laws and regulations regarding immigration and naturalization.
- Index of Native American Resources on the Internet
Jobs and other resources.
Jobs for Spanish and Portuguese Speakers.
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)
A program for Hispanic students.
- Minority Career Network
Opportunities boar, job postings.
- Medical Minority Applicant Registry (Med-MAR)
Med-MAR was created to enhance admission opportunities for groups historically underrepresented in medicine.
- National Association of Asian American Professionals-(NAAAP)
Promotes personal and professional development of the Asian American community.
- National Diversity Journalism Job Bank
" Our goal is to help increase the diversity of our nation's newsrooms. To that end, we make extra effort to publicize our job bank to females and minorities to encourage their participation."
- National Urban League Employment Network - With the ever-growing need for companies to employ a diverse workforce, the Urban League Employment Network is tailored-made for quality individuals like you to find jobs with respected companies committed to diversity recruitment.
Nemnet is a resource organization committed to helping schools and organizations address issues of staff diversity. Their services provide large and small schools, both urban and suburban, with greater exposure and access to candidates of color through programs and services including Online Job Posting and Direct Email, Online Resume Search, Career Fairs for People of Color, Diversity Resume Book, and Candidate Dossier Referral Service.
- Saludos Hispanos - For Hispanic job seekers. Post your resume and search for a job. Visit their online career fair.
- Urban Placement Service
Job postings, send a resume, company information
- ADA - U.S. Department of Justice Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) HOME PAGE
- Careers and the disabled Magazine
This link gives a listing of companies that are actively recruiting college graduates and professionals with disabilities.
The Job Accommodation Network is an international toll-free consulting service that provides information about job accommodations and the employability of people with disabilities.
- National Business and Disability Council - This resource, primarily targeted for employers but also useful for job seekers, has the benefit of national recognition. The site sets itself up as the resource for organizations looking to diversify and expand the workplace.
- Gender Benders- Gender Benders is a grassroots organization for transgender and gender diverse folks in the Southeastern US. It is based in upstate SC and has chapters and partner organizations in Hattiesburg, MS, Clemson, SC, and Hendersonville, NC.
- GoFinancialAid.com - A list of financial aid information for the LGBT community.
- Harriet Hancock LGBT Center- The Harriet Hancock LGBT Center offers a variety of resources including a free lending library, meeting spaces for LGBT-supportive groups, and a directory of LGBT-friendly businesses, organizations, and counselors while also serving as the headquarters for the South Carolina Pride Movement. The resources provided at the Harriet Hancock LGBT Center are free and available to everyone during operating hours.
- Human Rights Campaign (http://www.hrc.org/) - Source of information on workplace and corporate attitudes and policies surrounding sexual orientation. Includes links to information about employee groups, organizations and companies offering domestic partnership benefits, and legal and discrimination policies. Also a bibliography of career related issues. The Human Rights Campaign is also the publisher of the Corporate Equality Index. This index "provides a simple way to evaluate whether America's biggest employers are treating their gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and consumers equitably." The index is based on a 10-point system that rates corporate policies and actions toward the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
- HRC WorkNet - A national source of information on workplace policies and laws surrounding sexual orientation and gender identity. Job seekers can use HRC WorkNet to do research on prospective employers by name, policy type, geographic region, or industry.
- LGBT Weekly - Online magazine with lots of resources.
- Movement Advancement Project - MAP was founded in 2006 and is an independent think tank that provides rigorous research, insight and analysis that help speed equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people. MAP's work is focused on three primary areas: policy, movement capacity, and effective messaging. Use MAP's breakdown of each state's ranking to determine safety and potential occupational moves.
- National Center for Transgender Equality - Social justice organization dedicated to advancing the equality of transgender people through advocacy, collaboration and empowerment.
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals - The Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals is a member-based organization working towards the liberation of LGBTQ people in higher education. They support individuals who work on campuses to educate and support people of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as advocate for more inclusive policies and practices through an intersectional and racial justice framework.
- Out and Equal - Non-profit organization based in San Francisco that discusses LGBT workplace issues.
- Out Professionals - Leading gay and lesbian professional networking site.
- Pride at Work - AFL-CIO group that seeks to integrate LGBT concerns into the larger Labor Movement.
- Progayjobs.com - Job search engine for gay-, lesbian-, bisexual- and transgender-friendly companies.
- Reachingoutmba.org - An LGBT MBA student lead resource for LGBT students with lots of information about employers and support networks.
- Simplyhired - A LGBT-friendly job search
- Transgender Law Center - A nonprofit organization that takes on transgender legal battles to enhance transgender equality in the United States.
- Transgender Law and Policy Institute - A nonprofit that aims to help transgender individuals by watching policy developments and legal issues on the subject.