Career Development & Recruiting
Types of On-Campus Interviews
- Open - The student needs to meet the criteria the employer posted (for example; major, level in school, degree type and GPA). Students are automatically accepted after applying to the position. Students will be able to able to select a time slot the very same day, no waiting to be selected. *Employers do not have the choice to pre-screen candidates prior.
- Pre-Select - Gives the employer option to invite and decline candidates. After submitting your resume you will wait until the position closes. The employer will make a decision to invite or decline. If accepted you will receive an email from “symplicity.com” to login to your account and choose a timeslot. You MUST sign up for the interview based on the schedule to the right in the job description.
- Pre-Select to Alternate - This process is the same as above except an employer can choose alternates if their schedule does not fill up will those first selected. You will need to follow the schedule on the right of the job description.
All interviews above take place at the Center for Career and Professional Development, 3rd floor Hendrix Student Center
- After Fair Interviews - Some employers choose to interview students the next day after attending the career fair. If an employer is interested below are some ways they will let you know:
- You will be asked to sign up for an interview timeslot at the fair for the next day.
- The employer will connect with you after the fair is over either by phone, email or text.
All “After Fair Interviews” will take place on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the Hendrix Student Center.
Please make sure you ask the employer where the location will be.