Career Development & Recruiting
Spring 2020 Education Career Fair
The Education Career fair is an opportunity for education students to meet with a variety of school districts to gain information about, and interview for, available opportunities within each district. South Carolina school districts generally attend this event, as well as districts from the surrounding states of North Carolina and Georgia and beyond attend this event.
Students who attend the education career fair will have an excused absence from their student teaching (this is a special exception that is not included in regular absence allowance).
New for the Spring Education Fair!
- We’re excited to partner with Yello for the Clemson University Career Fairs February 4th, 5th and 6th! Yello is a recruiting platform that makes it easier for you to connect with the world’s leading employers at career fairs. Over 50 companies will be using Yello’s mobile app to connect with students and view your resume at the event.
- To ensure employers can collect your information smoothly at the career fair, we encourage you to create a Yello profile at https://join.yello.co today to receive your Passport code. With Passport, you’ll typically sign in with employers in as little as 10 seconds, will spend less time filling out forms at employer booths, leaving you more time to speak directly with recruiters.
- Yello is your passport to find more opportunities at the career fair. Sign up at https://join.yello.co.
We look forward to your participation in our 2020 Education Career Fair! This career fair has two components, an exhibitor fair and on-site interviews. You will have the opportunity to sign-up for Friday interviews at the Thursday Career Fair event.
Career Fair and Interview Sign-up Thursday, February 6, 2020
Time: Noon - 4 pm
Location: Littlejohn Coliseum
Students visit School / District exhibits and sign-up for interviews
Afterfair Interviews Date: Friday, February 7, 2020
8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Footbal Stadium IPTAY Suites
25 minutes scheduled interviews
Preparing for the Fair
- Attend the Education Fair Resume Blitz to have principles and administrators review your resume.
- Students should attend the fair in professional attire and should have multiple copies of their resume.
- It is recommended that all students interested in teaching in South Carolina complete a profile CERRA (www.cerra.org).
- Be sure to complete the district application process online for the districts you are interested in prior to the fair.