Integrity & Ethics
|Understanding one’s strengths, limitations, emotions, and biases in a variety of situations and articulating how one’s interests, skills, and values align with educational and professional goals.
|Making choices and consistently acting in a manner that displays integrity (following internal principles, morals, and values) and ethics (following external laws, rules, and norms) in personal and professional settings.
|Demonstrating the continual development of a positive impression or image in every facet of life while seeking feedback from others to ensure congruence between one’s intended and perceived reputation.
|Level of Proficiency
| • Understands the difference between integrity and ethics
• Possesses the desire to act rightly in personal and professional settings
•Thinks about how a commitment to integrity and ethics has and continues to guide decisions
and actions in personal and professional settings
• Asks others how their decisions and actions are guided by a commitment to integrity and ethics
• Exhibits a commitment to integrity and ethics —walks the talk— and seeks feedback from
others to guide decisions and actions in personal and professional situations
• Recognizes personal and professional situations can involve genuine dilemmas, which differ from questions with one correct answer and require an exercise of judgment one must be prepared to defend
extensive experience and application
• Exhibits a commitment to integrity and ethics —walks the talk— when making
decisions/acting in personal and professional situations and challenges others
when integrity and ethics aren’t considered
• Evaluates implications of different courses of action (e.g., likely consequences) that can have an impact on others or one’s profession/organization, as well as one’s self (character/brand)
recognized for mastery and attainment in all areas
• Focuses on the greater good while consistently showing one’s commitment to integrity and
ethics in making decisions/acting in personal and professional situations.
• Sought out by others for guidance in understanding what is entailed by one’s commitment to integrity and ethics.
Competencies & the 4 Year Plan – Undergraduate Students
Download/View a Copy of Engagment Competencies
Integrity and Ethics