Integrity & Ethics
|Understanding one’s strengths, limitations, emotions, and biases in a variety of situations and articulating how one’s interests, skills, and values align with educational and professional goals.
|Making choices and consistently acting in a manner that displays integrity (following internal principles, morals, and values) and ethics (following external laws, rules, and norms) in personal and professional settings.
|Demonstrating the continual development of a positive impression or image in every facet of life while seeking feedback from others to ensure congruence between one’s intended and perceived reputation.
|Level of Proficiency
• Reflects on one’s current reputation in personal, educational, professional, and online settings
• Appreciates how the perceptions of others are important vision
•Considers what one wants to be known for in personal, educational, professional, and online
• Tries to intentionally align one’s intended and perceived reputation by applying unsolicited feedback
• Invests in reflecting on and developing the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes that
lead to making a positive impression in personal, educational, professional, and online settings
• Tries to align one’s intended and perceived reputation by seeking feedback from individuals one trusts
extensive experience and application
• Develops knowledge, skills, and attitudes that lead to making a positive impression in every
facet of life
• Achieves congruence through communicating one’s attributes into benefits for organizations by openly seeking and accepting feedback from peers, faculty, staff, alumni, and professionals
recognized for mastery and attainment in all areas
• Serves as a resource to others seeking help with developing the knowledge, skills, and
attitudes that lead to making a positive impression in every facet of life
• Supports others as they attempt to achieve congruence between their intended and perceived reputations
Competencies & the 4 Year Plan – Undergraduate Students PDF
Download/View a Copy of Engagment Competencies
Integrity and Ethics